top of page

Meeting Notes 09/11/20

Opening Prayer and Introductions Director of Marketing & Communications: Mary Dulabaum

  • Discuss relationship between JSO and University

  • Sharing student life on public profiles through JSO

  • Call for student photographers

3 for Free – time to express concerns about campus

  • Men’s bathrooms sinks do not work in HAWAC

  • Women’s bathrooms sinks, only a few do not work

  • Dining hall – inquiring to open outdoor seating on patio

  • HAWAC back door from parking lot – could be something wrong with keycards

  • Commuter Lounge is still locked, will reach out to PlantOps

Social Update Teddy: VP of Social

  • Avengers Movie Night went well

  • Upcoming events: Taco Tuesday will be outside of JSO office, if it rains it will be inside office

  • Friday – Top Golf

  • Sept. 19th Homecoming Weekend -  JSO will help with tailgate event on Friday Advocacy Update Damaryan: VP of Advocacy

  • Setting up for the first Town Hall for e/advocate

  • Next week: STEM and DCWPA

  • Following week: Management, Art &. Design

  • Friday: BBQ of the Majors, safety protocols will be sent out to Profs.

  • Updates of BIPOC week on Sunday

Chris: STEM

  • Created survey for department chair – will be sent out to STEM Majors

  • Building relationship with Dr. Henderson, department chair

Carter: DCWPA

  • Talked with Dr. Anderson and Dr. Kania about town hall, contact info posters up this week

Amir: Humanities

  • Scott Brunstein, confirmation of locations

  • Spoke to Dr. Currie, heard a few complaints from stats class – set them up with 

  •  and Dr. Kim to get a town hall scheduled

  • Organize meeting with Currie and Towner for Education’s student practicums (student teaching)

Natalia: Business Management

  • Created a survey for Business and ESS students, waiting responses to organize for Town Hall

Paige: Art & Design and Architecture

  • Emailed profs. about Town Hall

  • Gathering an email list for the whole department Jenny & Nayeli: Commuters

  • First event the 29th, free coffee

  • Working on survey to send to commuters

  • Planning days to hold more events

Maria and Sofia: Interntional

  • Meeting with Nikki on a weekly basis

  • Planning on more events

Marketing Update Nina: VP of Marketing

  • Homebase – google sheet to sign up for filming schedule this Sunday for JSO Introduction video

  • Advocates – business cards are almost done, posters are on their way

Liz: Social Media Manager

  • Mindfulness Monday – weekly post, encouraging words on our Instagram story

  • Posted graphics for events

Micah: Videographer

  • Planning for video this Sunday

  • Planning ideas for monthly updates video

Kaylie: Creative Director

  • Sent out the Student Activities email on Sunday

  • Approved posters for upcoming events

  • Posted meeting notes to website

  • Designed graphics for club applications and Taco Tuesday

  • Working on the Student Advocate Town Hall meeting posters

Riley: Marketing Assistant

  • Finalizing budget, making changes with some of the events and budget changes

  • Check out a new café: “Viator”, students get 10% discount, where Café Revive used to be

Katelyn: Photographer

  • Posted photos from the Movie Night on Website

  • Will be posted on Facebook soon

Naomi: Graphic Designer

  • Designed the Taco Tuesday poster, Club application poster

  • Working on Top Golf poster

  • Reminder to share the posts/graphics to social media

Closing Prayer

bottom of page