Meeting Notes 11/13/20
· Judson Creative Society: Scheduling a full team meeting soon, getting ready for the Christmas event, finding student small businesses.
· BSU: Event next week, prayer and restoration dinner, food will be provided by sponsors.
· AIGA: Wrapped up the Mask competition, later today will announce the winner, planning an event before finals.
· Judson Business Society: first meeting today at 3:30, will be held over zoom, introductions and discussion about goals for this year, will plan an event before finals.
· JU Improv: First official rehearsal on Monday, will plan an event to showcase the team, Dec. 4 is the proposed date.
Student Life Update from Aubree Flickema, Dean of Student Life & Leadership
· When will open dorm be happening? There will be communication later today, need a way to track who is in the dorms and sign-ups, times, limits, maybe a few days at the end of the semester. There’s been issues with mask compliance in the dorms, so this is also a factor.
· How would commuters be impacted by open dorm? It would depend, we would need to figure out a way to be in compliance like with the residents on campus.
· Some students who are quarantined/isolation are struggling with profs. not being supportive or helpful with eLearning. Is there a way there could be a set standard, so students do not feel at a disadvantage? The Provost is looking at planning to re-set a standard that goes across Academic expectations for professors
· People from the community coming onto campus. They are required to stay outside of campus buildings and wear masks around people.
· WIFI Issues while being in quarantine? The access points have been updated, there was a delay because of backorder but should be installed soon.
· Are we coming back after Thanksgiving break? As of now, we are planning to return. If a student does not feel comfortable or want, they can make arrangements with professor to do the rest of the semester online.
· If people go into quarantine before a break, will they be required to stay on-campus/at home? The University is not forcing people. It will be a case-by-case issue and up to students.
Damaryan: VP of Advocacy
· Chapel credit, marketing, outreach has been improved for Town Halls
· Application will be put out in the Sunday email for new Athletics Coordinator position
· No new updates
· Took notes at STEM Town Hall and was able to engage
Natalia: Business Management
· Waiting for department heads to get the meeting notes sent out, planning for a next town hall (like a watch party)
· Talking to professors about talking in their classes to meet people, get feedback
Paige: Art & Design and Architecture
· Town Hall went well, working on getting notes out, zoom meeting for Architecture department coming soon.
· Town Hall this week, bigger turnout, students enjoyed the input from the guest speaker
Nayeli & Jenny: Commuter
· Chipotle Event, a lot of students, trying to schedule a couple more events before finals, figuring out what can be done within the budget
Naomi: Graphic Designer
· Finished the Spike ball poster
· Working on the athletics coordinator new position poster
· Working on the last video of the semester
· Sending out a schedule for a challenge video
Kaylie: Creative Director
· Sent out the Student Activities Email
· Posting the meeting notes this weekend
· Will be working on the Spike ball graphic
Riley: Marketing Assistant
· Reaching out to the BIPOC week businesses for student deals
· Will be sending out the budget for the rest of the semester, so branches know how much is left to spend.
· Working on updating website and Facebook with photos